When I was younger and bearing children, my husband would say to me nearly every day before leaving for work, “Make sure you lie down and get a good nap … I know you may have a lot to do but you need your nap.”
I do not remember when I transitioned into “not needing naps” but today I thought it would be a nice treat to get a little nap. As I laid down on my hubby’s pillow, I enjoyed his scent that was left there. That made me think back over the years.
When we were first married, I often enjoyed the luxury of laying in bed a little longer as my husband dressed for work. I would watch him in wonder and awe. He was such a beautiful, strong creation of YHWH and it amazed me that I was blessed to have him as my husband. As the years have passed, his body has aged and put on some pounds here and there, but I admire and love it even more. What a joy and blessing it is to “grow older together”.
How can this be a “Mother’s Day Tribute”, you may ask? Well, as I was snuggling down to enjoy my nap and thinking of my precious husband, I realized I would not be the blessed mother I am today if it were not for Tom.
- If Tom were not willing to give me children, we would not have these most priceless possessions in our home to enjoy.
- If Tom was not willing to work hard to support our family, I would not be able to stay at home to enjoy raising our blessings.
- He is my strength; when I struggle and feel I cannot do something, Tom directs me to my Heavenly Father Who meets every need.
- Tom sees the good in people that I do not see and he encourages me to think the best.
- Tom loves and teaches our children in the ways they should go so that we can enjoy peace in our home.
- I used to be afraid of elderly people but watching Tom be loving and compassionate to the aged, delivered me from my fear.
- I used to be consumed with my goals but Tom taught me how to enjoy life along the way.
I could go on and on about Tom’s wonderful attributes but simply put: I would not be the blessed mother I am today if it weren’t for the awesome, YHWH-fearing, loving and compassionate husband with whom I have been blessed. To him I am grateful.